Manage episode 293263336 series 2818835
Hanson Hosein is a documentary filmmaker and storyteller. Currently, Hosein is Co-Founder of the University of Washington’s Communication Leadership graduate program, President of HRH Media Group, and a co-principal of MIRA!. In this episode Hanson and Tim speak about:
- How to set up a successful interview
- Hanson’s book, “Storyteller Uprising”
- Hanson’s documentary, “Independent America, the Tulane Search for Mom and Pop”
- The shifting perspectives regarding technology
- Thinking profoundly about social platforms
- How algorithms favor stories that have the most intensity and heat
- An argument for making communication difficult
- What Hanson is doing with MIRA!
- Teaching the new generation to think things through ethically before they join the tech workforce
- Whether companies actually know how to use the first party data that they have.
- The mistrust in institutions.
- Agreeing on a single narrative as a country, and what happens if our country can’t agree.
- Sharing your political stance as a business owner
- Being politically and socially useful as a small business.
- How people react in a crisis
- What it is like to be a reporter during a crisis
- Documenting a story while living it
- Deciding if a moment is worth recording
- Defining loyalty and trust in relation to storytelling
Clyde Golden is a creative agency in Seattle specializing in research, strategy, and content creation via Customer Journey programs.