Manage episode 300358454 series 2942547
In today’s episode, I wanted to share some ways that you can optimize your capital improvements. As I was thinking about some of the challenges we’re facing right now when turning over units with my own business, I thought it would be a great idea to record this solocast because if they’re challenges for us, they’re probably a challenge for you as well.
When you’re involved in multiple projects at the same time, having the right team in place to help manage those projects is crucial. I’m going to run through the top five ways that you can optimize your capital improvements and keep your business running as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
No matter what level you’re at in the real estate and construction industry, there’s something for everyone in this solocast. I’ll run through some of the biggest headaches that we face when it comes to ordering products, managing the inventory, keeping the contractors busy and working on the site so that time isn’t being wasted. As the saying goes, “Time is money” and if you’re wasting time, you’re wasting money.
If the never ending battle of managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations, staying organized and keeping things moving forward is getting difficult, you’re not alone. I’m going to share some ideas that have worked for me, and I’m sure they’ll work for you too. Enjoy!
Key Takeaways with Josh Cantwell
- How we handle the issue of getting the delivery of materials to a job site and keeping the contractors on the site.
- When storing materials on site in containers, make sure that everything is labeled to save time and keep the inspectors happy.
- The importance of making sure that every contractor has a detailed scope of work and that all orders are signed, and not changed via text message.
- The reasons why every contractor that we hire is only assigned a maximum number of 2 units at any given time.
- The value in having a runner to go get things if a contractor is missing them, to keep the contractors on the site and working, and not making runs to Home Depot or Lowe’s.
Want the Full Show Notes?
To get access to the full show notes, including audio, transcripts, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit https://acceleratedinvestorpodcast.com/217
Rate & Review If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Accelerated Real Estate Investor Podcast, hit the subscribe button on Apple Podcasts, so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review over on Apple Podcasts. Reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
Connect with Josh Cantwell
Sign Up For My Coaching Program! To unlock your potential and start earning real passive income, visit joshcantwellcoaching.com
Get The Flip System Book! To get access to a free copy of The Flip System, visit getflipsystem.com/podcast