Manage episode 281630659 series 1363998
About this episode
Sometimes we need to hit the reset button with sexual intimacy. Maybe it’s not been going well lately. Maybe it’s never been good in your marriage. Maybe you only recently realized how important sexual intimacy is to your relationship. How can you start over or at least get a fresh start in some part of sex that hasn’t been ideal?
- Why do many wives feel they need a fresh start with the sex in their marriage?
- How can we begin to set a new tone or build new habits for sexual intimacy?
- What are some obstacles wives might face when they try to do something different?
- What are the long-term benefits of getting that fresh start?
- Are there any promises from God we can rely on as we try to reset our sex life?
Shop at Married Dance From the Bible
What does God have to say about fresh starts?
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. - Isaiah 41:13 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. - Isaiah 43:19 “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm[a]— my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed. - Joel 2:25-26 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” - Luke 18:27 They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer. - Psalm 78:35Resources
- Resolution Week: "And Now for Something Completely Different..." | Hot, Holy & Humorous
- New Year, New Hope for Marriage and Beyond | Hot, Holy & Humorous
- Resolutions, Fresh Starts, Whatever | OysterBed7
- A New Sex Drive for a New Decade | OysterBed7
- Goals to Grow Your Sexual Interest | OysterBed7
- Can "Fake It to Make It" Really Work with Sex? | The Forgiven Wife
- I Worked on Sex, and Then He Got Angry | The Forgiven Wife