Manage episode 289902203 series 1363998
Take the Survey
As mentioned in the episode, Chris Taylor of Honeycomb & Spice is doing a survey on chronic illness and sex. We'd appreciate you taking the survey, so that she can address this subject well.
Click the link: https://tinyurl.com/chronic-survey
Or scan the QR code:
About the Episode How often should a married couple have sex? You might think this would be an easy question to answer, but we think it’s going to take a whole episode.
- How do seasons of life affect the frequency of lovemaking, and what range of frequency do you think is appropriate for each season?
- What other factors can affect frequency?
- What does research say about consistent sexual intimacy?
- How should you and your husband negotiate frequency?
Share the Soap has put together a special treat box especially for listeners of Sex Chat for Christian Wives. Click on the image above to learn more—and use coupon code chat21 for an extra bath soap jewel!
From the Bible
What does God have to say about the frequency of sex?
Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. - 1 Corinthians 7:5
If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married. - Deuteronomy 24:5
- Gaslighting - Partner Hope
- Deconstructing Gaslighting with Sarah Morales
- DARVO (a type of gaslighting)
- The 10,000-hour rule - original research, concept popularized in Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (though J recommends The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle for a more thorough treatment), and research-based challenges to the 10,000-hour rule
- Episode 95: How Does Depression Affect Sex?
- Stop Hooking Up In Your Marriage | Shaunti Feldhahn - guest post by Juli Slattery
- Episode 101: Enjoying Sex, with Joyce Penner
- More Sex Makes Us Happy, But Once A Week May Be Enough : Shots - Health News : NPR
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex (webmd.com)
- Here's How Much Sex Couples Are Having Per Week (theknot.com)
- How Often Should You Have Sex? | Hot, Holy & Humorous
- Vitamin E suppositories
- Your Husband’s Libido May Not Be What You Think - The Forgiven Wife
- Unlock Your Libido by Bonny Logsdon Burns
- Virgin Bride Guidebook by Bonny Logsdon Burns
- Q&A with J: Should A Higher Drive Spouse Lower Their Expectations? | Hot, Holy & Humorous
- 8 Ways to Stay Intimate Even When Life Gets in the Way of Sex - The Forgiven Wife
affiliate links included
Visit Our Website: forchristianwives.com