Manage episode 296797135 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 237 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Marissa Tunis to the podcast. In this episode, we discuss ways in which we can get closure from a breakup, analyzing what gaslighting is and how we can stop the cycle of repeating the same mistakes when it comes to relationships.
Dr. Marissa Tunis is a licensed psychologist, dating coach, and founder of Datefully, dating coaching based in psychology. She is based in Los Angeles and sees clients across the country who are struggling with heartbreaks, dating anxiety and relationship issues.
She hosts a weekly live-streamed digital talk show on the Meet Me app, Live with Dr. Marissa, which addresses the topics of love, dating and mental health.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How Dr. Marissa became interested in this line of work
- Ways in which we can get closure from a breakup
- How we can learn to heal after a very bitter breakup
- How long should we wait after a breakup to start dating again?
- Learning to take time for yourself after a breakup
- The way in which a bitter breakup can lead to trauma
- Analyzing what gaslighting is
- The negative ripple effects that come from gaslighting
- How many people don’t even know they are gaslighting
- The importance of trusting your own judgments and gut feeling
- Why do we keep making the same mistakes?
- How we can stop the cycle of repeating the same mistakes
Find Dr. Marissa Tunis Online
Dating Anxiety Checklist
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio