Manage episode 293353171 series 2358250
632: Scaling Up , Verne Harnish, Entrepreneurs’ Organization
Verne Harnish, Entrepreneurs’ Organization
– The Sharkpreneur podcast with Kevin Harrington and Seth Greene Episode 632
Verne Harnish is founder of the world-renowned Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), with over 14,000 members worldwide, and chaired for fifteen years EO’s premiere CEO program, the “Birthing of Giants” held at MIT, a program in which he still teaches today. He is the Founder and CEO of Scaling Up, a global executive education and coaching company with over 190 partners on six continents, Verne has spent the past three decades helping companies scaleup.
He’s the author of the bestseller Mastering the Rockefeller Habits which is translated into 9 languages; and along with the editors of Fortune, authored The Greatest Business Decisions of All Times," for which Jim Collins wrote the foreword. His latest book Scaling Up (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) has been translated into 19 languages and has won eight major international book awards including the prestigious International Book Award for Best General Business book.
Verne also chairs the annual ScaleUp Summits and serves on several boards including vice chair of The Riordan Clinic; co-founder and chair of Geoversity; and board member of the social venture Million Dollar Women. A private investor in many scaleups, Verne enjoys piano, tennis, and magic as a card-carrying member of the International Brotherhood of Magicians.
Listen to this illuminating Sharkpreneur episode with Verne Harnish about his book, Scaling Up.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
● How businesses have three stages: mice, gazelles, and elephants.
● Why it’s difficult to scale a business without a team.
● How the mid-market is tough to reach but they are the first responders.
● How the four areas that are important are people, strategy, execution, and cash.
● Why market time is so important because it either makes you look stupid or smart.
Connect with Verne:
Guest Contact Info
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices