Manage episode 296107758 series 2358250
647: Founding Comedy Central , Art Bell, ArtBellWriter.com
Founding Comedy Central
Art Bell, ArtBellWriter.com
– The Sharkpreneur podcast with Seth Greene Episode 647 Art Bell
Upon graduating college, Art Bell got a job at CBS, then HBO, where he started the Comedy Channel that became Comedy Central. After that he was President of Court TV, then worked for a while as a consultant to a bunch of television companies. His most interesting and least successful project was commercializing 3D television.
After Art left the TV business, he took some writing courses and found he loved writing. Constant Comedy is his first book, not counting a humor book he wrote with a couple other guys while at Comedy Central. Art hopes to write some more books.
Listen to this illuminating Sharkpreneur episode with Art Bell about founding Comedy Central.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
● How Comedy Central wasn’t born fully formed or immediately successful.
● Why people should talk about their ideas to co-workers, friends, and family.
● How it’s really important to have a lot of passion about your idea.
● Why elevator pitches might not be the best way to showcase your ideas.
● How business owners need to be prepared to fail and to lead.
Connect with Art:
Guest Contact Info
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices