Manage episode 280846925 series 1105654
Details of The Nativity
- Look At The Star – It Says, “God Wants Me To Find Him” – Matthew 2:9-10
- “ After listening to the king, they went on their way. And behold the star that they had seen when it rose went before them and came to rest over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.”
- God is not playing the childhood game of “hide and seek!”
- “…Where is he who is born King of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and we have come to worship him.” V.2
- Where would I have been if I had not found the star? When you follow God you do not need a crowbar to be pried loose or a cattle-prod to be motivated!
- When you find God you will find your purpose. God has provided a travel guide for you – your star of Bethlehem!
- God wants you to be a star for others – you are to be a star to lead others to Jesus. Your void and emptiness will never be filled without God!
- Look At The Stable – It Says, “God Wants Me To Know Him” – Luke 2:1-7
- Men of nobility found him. Shepherds found him. God wants us to find him. He provides celestial phenomena or angels singing in the heavens for the shepherds – bottom line – God wants us to find him.
- When you stop long enough to think about it, the only people that Jesus had problems with were religious people.
- Religious people always know how the church is to be run and how the preacher is to perform.
- Until we become broken over barren altars and fruitless church activity we should not talk.
- Look at God – He passed up good people to get to bad people. He passed up well people to get to crippled people.
- His love is a “HESED” unconditional love for us.
- God says; “I do not want to do thrones – I want to do ‘cow-sheds!’”
- Look At The Manger – It Says, “God Wants Me To Be Blessed By Him” Luke 2:7
- The manger was most likely hewn out of stone and not wood. This represents longevity, free from rot and serious erosion, a symbol of blessing because food is provided there.
- Jesus is the Bread of Life and Living Water
- Here is the real meaning: God takes the extraordinary and places it in the ordinary because He wants to be accessible.
- We will never surprise God by our behavior.
- Religious people are always disappointed in God’s unconditional love.
This is an IQ TEST: “Why would you not want a God who wants you to find Him, know Him, and bless you?”