The Importance of Intake Forms for Esthetician’s and Accessibility in the Treatment Room With Leola Davis
Manage episode 300610130 series 2856089
We are so lucky to have Leola Davis in the esty world! Today’s topic is something that isn’t talked about much in the industry: why intake forms are crucial and how they can help you customize your treatments. You’ll hear about Leola’s journey and the small changes she has made that impact her services for the better; accommodating all of the different types of clients that walk through her door. We talk about the education that goes beyond esthetician school and so much more!
Today We Talk About:
- Accessibility, acceptance and self-acceptance in and out of the treatment room
- The importance of being mindful that you are a safe space for clients
- Specific intake form questions that will help make you and your clients feel more comfortable
- Tips for what to do when you misgender someone
- How to communicate your locations handicapped accessibility to clients well
- Health and wellness vs. fat phobia in the esthetics industry
Glow Tip of the Week: Get out of your comfort zone because your clients are stepping out of theirs. Use your influence wisely, your clients are looking up to you!
Fat-friendly massage beds by EarthLite
Education after esthetician school: Ask Aliesh course on dark skin treatment
Check out my favorite esty equipment and use code Kasey for 5% off your order HERE
Be sure to follow along in your print or digital version of Skin and the City magazine
As a Skin and the City listener, enjoy 5% off the whole website HERE
For additional discounts, exclusive offers and so much more, sign up for the Skin and the City membership HERE
To support this podcast, you can go HERE
If you have 2 seconds to write us a review HERE, screenshot it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Kim-Tern will be shipping you some goodies like the Manolo Blahnik - Awaken Mask pins! They’re super adorable! You’re gonna love them!
Thanks for listening!--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/skinandthecity/support