Manage episode 308332163 series 2471867
Inflation is the hot topic of the day. Is it here to stay? And does inflation mean income-driven repayment programs are a bad idea? Listen in as I unpack the inflation conundrum as well as the latest news around the PSLF waiver along with updated guidance from the Department of Education.
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
- How inflation impacts student loan borrowers
- The gold standard, inflation, and deflation, and what it means
- A brief history of inflation and how we got to where we are today
- The role farmers played in inflation over time
- What’s going on with consumer’s balance sheets amid inflation
- What to expect with IBR when inflation happens
- Why borrowers who refinance like inflation
- What you sacrifice in the long-term by aggressively paying off your debt in the short-term
- Who benefits from inflation
Like the show? There are several ways you can help!
- Follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google Podcasts
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to the newsletter
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans?