Manage episode 286971325 series 2891560
This month’s Aliquot Preview episode is a collection of clips that covers a range of topics related to optimizing a child's development and growth, from pregnancy to toddlerhood.
In this episode, you'll discover:
- 00:00:00 - Common deficiencies in infants and toddlers and how Rhonda optimizes her son’s diet.
- 00:01:45 - Low omega-3 fatty acid intake in toddlers
- 00:04:18 - Low iron intake in toddlers
- 00:05:03 - Vitamin D supplementation in toddlers
- 00:06:26 - Low magnesium intake in toddlers
- 00:06:55 - Low potassium intake in toddlers
- 00:07:42 - Low fiber intake in toddlers
- 00:08:58 - Omega-3 supplementation in children
- 00:10:18 - Omega-3 fatty acid and behavior and learning in school aged children.
- 00:13:17 - Omega-3 fatty acid rich food improved asthma symptoms and inflammation.
- 00:14:10 - Omega-3 fatty acid prolongs onset of schizophrenia in adolescents.
- 00:16:00 - Higher levels of omega-3 fatty acid in children’s blood was associated with decreased DNA damage.
- 00:21:08 - Fish intake during pregnancy.
- 00:24:58 - Effect of dietary phospholipid DHA on the brain.
- 00:26:02 - Extra precautions Rhonda took during pregnancy.
- 00:26:55 - Caffeine consumption during pregnancy.
- 00:28:03 - Rhonda's vaccinations during pregnancy
- 00:31:33 - Acetaminophen during pregnancy
- 00:31:58 - Rhonda’s supplementation routine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- 00:35:16 - Breastfeeding duration and impacts on mother's and child's health
- 00:36:09 - Human milk oligosaccharides and associations with immunity.
- 00:37:47 - Stem cells within breast milk
- 00:39:10 - DHA supplementation during breastfeeding.
- 00:41:34 - Vitamin D supplementation during breastfeeding.
- 00:42:34 - Caffeine consumption during breastfeeding.
- 00:44:55 - Newborn care
- 00:46:20 - Introducing new foods to infants and thoughts on allergies.
- 00:49:00 - Omega-3 fatty acids and heavy metals during pregnancy
- 00:52:50 - Rhonda's diet and exercise routine during pregnancy.
- 00:59:52 - More about Rhonda's diet and supplementation during pregnancy
- 01:01:30 - Brain health and intelligence, the importance of choline and omega-3 fatty acids
- 01:03:22 - Vegetables, folate and diet diversity
- 01:04:02 - Vitamin D during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- 01:05:19 - Diet during lactation, extra calories, iodine for brain growth and development
- 01:06:04 - Vitamin B12 supplementation, especially for vegetarians
- 01:06:16 - Iron importance for brain health in infants
- 01:07:37 - Salmon roe, babies and the potential for an allergic reaction.
- 01:08:17 - Vitamin K and exclusive breastfeeding
- 01:08:40 - Caffeine during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- 01:09:45 - Nutrition and vitamins for baby and toddler to maximize brain development and growth
Get more Aliquots! Become a FMF Premium member and get full access to our members-only podcast, The Aliquot, plus live Q&As with Rhonda, biweekly Science Digest emails, and more. Learn more and sign up at: www.foundmyfitness.com/crowdsponsor