Kerstin Thompson from Kerstin Thompson Architects – Clarity, Advocacy and Expanding Architecture’s Reach
Manage episode 298606179 series 2504118
Kerstin Thompson is the director of Kerstin Thompson Architects, a large Melbourne-based practice established in 1994. KTA works across a variety of projects spanning architecture, interiors, landscape and urban design – with a focus on strong, clear design ideas and buildings that forge connections with their surroundings.
In this episode, we discussed:
- How the practice got their first public projects.
- The importance of Kerstin’s time teaching architecture and how it helped her hone her communication skills and design ideas.
- The challenges of growth and how Kerstin balances her time working on projects as well as running a large business.
- How she removes herself as a bottleneck in the design process.
- Her thoughts on the importance of being a generalist practice.
- How Kerstin's writing and public speaking help her to attract likeminded clients.
- Why it’s critical to be an advocate for architecture whenever you get the chance.
If you’d like to learn more about Kerstin and the work of Kerstin Thompson Architects, you can visit kerstinthompson.com.
If you have any feedback on this episode, you can get in touch at email@example.com. I love hearing your thoughts.
And if you’d like to learn more about me, Dave Sharp, you can visit vanityprojects.com to check out my blog, join over 5000 other architects on my email list, or learn more about my marketing coaching services for architects and book a 15-minute call to discuss your marketing situation.