Manage episode 304246656 series 2285741
Part 2 (of 2) looking at a recent example of how The Innovator’s Dilemma is playing out between the biggest clouds and the challenging upstarts.
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK - http://bit.ly/cloudcast-cnotw
CHECK OUT OUR NEW PODCAST - "CLOUDCAST BASICS"
- CBT Nuggets: Expert IT Training for individuals and teams
- Sign up for a CBT Nuggets Free Learner account
- phoenixNAP website
- phoenixNAP Bare Metal Cloud Platform
MAKING A MAJOR CHANGE IS ALWAYS DIFFICULT
Understanding the transition to cloud means understanding that almost everything about your technology stack and business stack will likely have to change, get re-invented, or built from scratch.
A BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESS OR FAILURE THROUGH THE TRANSITION
- To build or to buy? Do you understand the scope of the problem, the velocity of change this creates,and how well you can actually execute?
- How do you acquire, and how do you manage internal conflict?
- What will the new technology stack look like? Are you using the same design principles? Are you using the same architects?
- How does this impact your business? What backstops (“cash cows”) does your business have to prop up the new business?
- Email: show at the cloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet