Manage episode 297569843 series 2445782
Property stories are on the tip of everyone’s tongue when they’ve been successful and glaringly absent when their landlord dreams have gone down the drain. The property market has made rapid shifts within the last 6 months with parcels of land transacting for a fortune, but how did they do it? With capital growth being the most critical element of residential property’s value, how do you predict it? Moreso how can you measure it effectively and what data can you trust to make you a confident buyer in such an overwhelming time?
Here’s what we covered:
- What data is relevant when measuring capital growth?
- Does being on a main road appreciate or depreciate your property?
- Is median growth useful or far from it?
- Where do big research companies get their data and is it consistent?
- Are current automated valuation models effective?
- What is a repeat sales index?
HOST LINKS:Looking for a Sydney Buyers Agent? www.gooddeeds.com.au Work with Veronica: https://linktr.ee/veronicamorgan Looking for a Mortgage Broker? www.wealthful.com.au Work with Chris: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send in your questions to: email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in July, 2021.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.