Manage episode 280338810 series 2595762
When we hear about vegan or vegetarianism, we tend to think of hippie white people who are overcharging for bland vegetables. Toni of Plant Based on a Budget has made it her mission to change that preconceived notion. Toni also has two vegan cookbooks out: The Friendly Vegan Cookbook and Plant Based on a Budget.
On January 11-12, 2021, we are hosting the 2nd annual Empowered Summit! Join us and other speakers of color as we talk money, mental health, racism, and more to help YOU make 2021 a hell of a lot better than 2020, no matter what happens! Join us the live event for free with code THRIVELIVE or have immediate lifetime access by purchasing a presale ticket at $10. We would love to see you there. Click here for more info and to save your spot!
Mentioned on this week's episode:
- Youtube video: Vegan Dollar Tree Haul
- Toni's website: Plant Based on a Budget
- Toni's cookbooks: Plant Based on a Budget and The Friendly Vegan Cookbook
- Toni's Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter
Subscribe to our newsletter for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card! *ENDS AT 12:00PM PST DECEMBER 22, 2020*
Thanks for listening! Keep in touch:
- Share the show and tag us on Instagram: @empoweredincolor
- Tweet at us on Twitter: @empoweredpoc
- Kriselle's personal socials: Instagram, Twitter
- When you post about your successes and stories, use the hashtag #WhenPOCThrive
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Podcasts, or Spotify. Leave a review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts to help us reach more people!