Manage episode 304115020 series 2941960
The fourth episode of "The Extra Mile" Podcast introduces MDOT's new Northern District Public Information Officer, David Kenney. The show also features a conversation with MDOT Director of Intermodal Planning Charles Carr and the role his office plays in the state's transportation network.
The Extra Mile Episode 4: MDOT's Newest PIO & a Deeper Look into Intermodal Planning - Show Notes
Show intro with Paul and Waverly
Guest: David Kenney, MDOT Northern District Public Information Officer
- Recap of time working in news including over 20 years at WLBT
- Talks about making transition from working as a journalist to working in public relations
- What have you learned about MDOT that you weren't expecting?
- Why is transportation infrastructure so important for everyone?
- Looking forward to covering MDOT's Norther District?
MDOT Road to Game Day Promo - voiced by Drew Hall, MDOT Media Producer
Guest: Charles Car, MDOT Director of Intermodal Planning
- How did you get your start at MDOT?
- What falls underneath the Intermodal umbrella?
- Funding element
- How do the modes contributes to a safe and efficient transportation network?
- Economic impact of different modes
- Why is it to have a strong public transit network in Mississippi?
- MDOT's role in public transit
- MDOT's role in coordinating COVID-19 vaccination transportation
- Future plans in the Office of Intermodal Planning