Manage episode 263945762 series 1883803
David Dodge is a Real Estate Coach, podcast host, and owner of House Sold Easy. He has over 15 years of real estate experience which all started with wholesaling. Apart from House Sold Easy, David also owns and operates a real estate management firm, a fix and flip company, and a retail brokerage firm. He owes much of his success to learning about marketing when he was just starting, allowing him to get several leads, even without the necessary tools and capital.
In today’s episode, David shares why he pursued a career in real estate and how he got started. He discusses the importance of marketing and why investors should focus on marketing first before anything wholesale related. He shares some of his current lead generating strategies and the number of deals he handles annually. David also describes what his B.R.R.R.R. acronym stands for and what new investors should learn before venturing further into real estate.
"Quit trying to be a real estate investor. Instead, be good or get good at being a marketer.” - Michael Bernoff
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How David found his way into being a real estate investor.
- The people who helped David become successful.
- Why improving your marketing game is key for real estate success.
- Skills you need to master if you have zero capital or access to the necessary tools.
- The marketing strategies he's using today.
- Why David promotes rental properties as a business strategy.
- What David's B.R.R.R.R. strategy means.
- David's advice for those who want to start with wholesaling.
Connect with David Dodge:
- House Sold Easy
- Book: The Ultimate Guide to Wholesaling Real Estate
- Free Wholesale Course
- Free Wholesale Blueprint
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.