Manage episode 302620081 series 2974302
For episode one of The Good Edit, host Rebecca Davis speaks with former MasterChef contestant, cook, food writer and broadcaster Alice Zaslavsky.
In this gritty and grounded conversation, they explore:
- How Alice went from middle school teacher to changing careers and carving out a niche of her own
- The lessons Alice learned early in life, and how they shaped her mindset around purpose, true success and living a life of meaning
- The hardships of immigrating to Australia and being the "other"
- Belonging, identity and connecting to Jewishness
- Finding balance
- The joy of cooking and Jewish food.
MORE FROM THE GOOD EDIT & REBECCA DAVIS
- To find our more about The Good Edit and subscribe to the newsletter, visit thegoodedit.co
- To join The Good Edit conversation, follow The Good Edit on Instagram and Facebook
- To learn more about Rebecca and her work as a journalist and writer, follow her on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and visit rebeccadavis.com.au
Founder, Host, Producer: Rebecca Davis
Editor & Sound Engineer: Saul Muscatel
The Good Edit acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land on which we live and create, the Boonwurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.