Manage episode 273984742 series 2617529
As another part of our support for injured athletes, we—Carrie and Cindy—operate a Facebook group that’s also called The Injured Athletes Club. It’s a thriving, positive community of other people who just plain get it.
We’re grateful for the way the group supports each other through the highs and lows of their recovery. And this week, in our final episode of season 3, we asked members for their questions about the psychological and emotional aspects of the journey. Here, Carrie responds to concerns about fears, doubts, and understanding what makes you tick, among other things.
A huge thank you to Fluid Running H2GO, the only app-based deep-water running system in the world, for sponsoring this season of the Injured Athletes Club. CLICK HERE and use code IAC 30 to take $30 off the full system or the digital bundle.
The questions Carrie addresses in this episode are:
- From Annie, about losing faith and confidence in her body (3:34)
- From Lindsey M., on falling out of love with your sport (7:34)
- From Shana J., on channeling her desire to physically perform (9:42)
- From Kathryn G., on injury being a longer journey than expected (14:54)
- From Dawn F. and Cheryl M., about aging as an athlete (17:51)
- From Letitia W., on the fear of re-injury after a failed attempt at healing (25:17)
- From Camilla W., on repeated setbacks and injuries (29:46)
- From Jeremy N., on understanding your own operating manual (34:20)
You can subscribe to The Injured Athletes Club on Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or wherever you get your podcasts, and if you like what you hear, please leave us a rating or a review in Apple podcasts. That helps other injured athletes find the show.
Resources/links we mention:
- Episode 3: How to Go FAR: Feel, Accept, Recover
- Episode 6: Triathlete Fiona Ford: Pursue Your Potential
- Episode 11: Canadian Olympian and Runner Jessica O’Connell: Today, Not Tomorrow
To access more resources for injured athletes:
- Join The Injured Athletes Club mailing list, for weekly news and updates
- Join The Injured Athletes Club Facebook group, for support and camaraderie
- Email us at email@example.com with questions, guest suggestions, or other feedback
DISCLAIMER: This content is for educational & informational use only and & does not constitute medical advice. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have heard in an episode of this podcast. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult with a qualified medical professional for proper evaluation & treatment. Guests who speak on this podcast express their own opinions, experiences, and conclusions, and The Injured Athletes Club podcast hosts nor any company providing financial support endorses or opposes any particular treatment option discussed in the episodes of this podcast and are not responsible for any actions or inactions of listeners based on the information presented. The use of any information provided is solely at your own risk.