Manage episode 263333732 series 42508
Blake Mycoskie is the founder of TOMS shoes, known for its "buy a pair, give a pair" model. But when Blake started he knew nothing about shoes. Or building a company. “It was just a project,” he said. And yet it became a massively successful and has donated tens of millions of shoes to people in need. I asked Blake how he got the courage to start a company he knew nothing about. I also asked him about the business model, selling the company and building his new company, MadeFor, which is new wellness company that helps you learn how to have agency over your own health.
Here's a list of all the things we talk about:
- The origin story of TOMS, their business model and how they took off
- How to develop a company that gives back
- How to find a cause you want to help
- Blake's new company, MadeFor and how to have agency over your health (and what to focus on)
- Healthy habits you can develop NOW
- Blake's advice for building a business during and after the pandemic
And if you go to getmadefor.com and type in MFJAMESALTUCHER then you get 20% off.
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thanks so much for listening! If you like this episode, please subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” and rate and review wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.