Manage episode 315360219 series 2821491
Your host, Donna Peters, sits down with college career counselor, Everette Fortner. We talk about one of the biggest questions when you're 18-22: "What am I going to do with the rest of my life?" Everette applies principles of design thinking to help early career/young adults design their life in three steps:
Everette challenges students (and parents) to think about:
- If anything were possible, what would I be doing after college?
- What are my three possible lives?
- What is the design criteria for creating those three possible lies for myself?
- What is my passion? What gives me energy?
- Where do I start figuring out my career next steps?
- How important is my major?
- How important is that first job out of college?
And of course, we talk about the important role parents play at this life stage.
Everette's core values: family first, energy; exploring.
LinkedIn: Donna Peters
The Me-Suite podcast music by Moshun