Manage episode 294908768 series 60566
There are hundreds of different diet frameworks available, many of which have proven to be successful for a lot of folks. But the thing is, many of these frameworks promote conflicting information. It’s understandable why so many people are confused about what they should be putting on their plates. At the end of the day, you don’t necessarily need to eat in accordance with a set of rules to be healthy. What really matters is that you eat in a way that works for your lifestyle, your health goals, and your individual needs.
Robb Wolf is one of the leading experts in metabolic flexibility and bio individuality. He is a former research biochemist and a two-time New York Times bestselling author. On this episode of The Model Health Show, Robb is here to discuss the link between your diet, your microbiome, and metabolic flexibility. You’re going to learn about finding an individualized approach to eating, and the one diet rule that we should all follow.
This episode is also a deep dive into the role that electrolytes play in human health, including the history and chemistry of electrolytes. You’ll learn about the major electrolytes and their processes in the body, plus how to optimize your electrolyte levels. Robb is bringing a ton of impressive knowledge to this interview, so take some notes and enjoy the show!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why your approach to nutrition should be individualized.
- The one main diet tenet we should all follow.
- What the amylase gene is, and how it relates to diet.
- The role the microbiome plays in your overall health.
- What metabolic flexibility is, and why it’s important.
- How applying too many diet principles can actually hurt you.
- Why getting adequate protein can help prevent overeating and regulate hormones.
- What you need to know about age-related muscle loss.
- Why eating a broader diet (as opposed to restricting) can be powerful.
- What electrolytes are, and how they operate in the body.
- Examples of electrolytes and their processes.
- The link between sodium levels and fluid status.
- Why overhydrating can be dangerous.
- The main source of sodium in the Standard American Diet.
- Examples of sodium rich foods in traditional cultures.
- What table salt actually is.
- The link between sodium levels and COVID-19 infections.
- How electrolytes interact with our immune systems.
- Simple ways to consume more electrolytes.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack for the cost of shipping!
- The History of Sugar, Sex, Drugs, & Entertainment – Episode 222
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
- Wired to Eat by Robb Wolf
- Sacred Cow
- Connect with Robb Wolf Website / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation