Manage episode 305566515 series 60566
The health of your mitochondria has the capacity to impact nearly every process and reaction in your body. Recent research suggests that mitochondrial function relates to the aging process, immune function, the body’s renewal processes, and more. But what do you actually know about improving the health of your mitochondria?
This topic isn’t one that’s talked about often, but it’s of utmost importance, especially in the conversation surrounding viral infections. On this episode of The Model Health Show, Mike Mutzel from High-Intensity Health is back to discuss the link between mitochondrial function and COVID-19 outcomes and how natural immunity works.
You’re going to learn powerful, free, and accessible strategies you can use to improve your mitochondrial health. We’re diving into topics like autophagy and mitophagy, the life cycle of cells, and how to optimize your immune system. I hope you find this information empowering, realistic, and applicable no matter where you are on your health journey.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The role that interferons play in the innate immune system.
- Free, accessible ways to improve your mitochondrial health.
- Which disease is an indicator of mitochondrial dysfunction in the liver.
- What mitophagy is.
- The connection between glucose, insulin, and cellular renewal rates.
- How exercise can contribute to autophagy.
- The three components necessary to activate the process of autophagy.
- What weight recidivism is, and why it’s particularly for parents to understand.
- How exercise insufficiency is defined.
- The link between exercise, autophagy, and mitophagy.
- What immunometabolism is.
- The history and function of the drug metformin.
- How checking your blood glucose levels can be beneficial.
- The life cycle of T cells.
- How exercising can help purge senescent T cells.
- The difference between chronologic age and biologic age.
- What inflammaging is.
- The role that vitamin D plays in cellular health.
- How natural immunity works.
- Behaviors that can make vaccines more effective.
- What pericarditis is, and how to increase circulation.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/model -- Get your optimal health supplements at 10% off!
- PiqueTea.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – CDC
- Connect with Mike Mutzel Website / Instagram / YouTube
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: