Manage episode 295711489 series 1375801
George Glynos, head of research at ETM analytics spoke on factors that led annual consumer inflation to increase to 5.2% in May 2021, up from 4.4% in April . He also explains if the jump will lead to the South African Reserve Bank increasing interest rates. Chris Oosthuizen, founder at Honeybee Heroes talks about honey laundering - and how to differentiate from real and fake honey. Then Bradley du Chenne, CEO at Hippo.co.za is this week's Shapeshifter .
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. Consumer inflation hits 30-month high to 5.2% in May 2021, up from 4.4% in April. Guest: George Glynos | Head of Research at ETM Analytics (00:00:00)
2. Market Commentary. Guest: Chris Steward | Portfolio Manager at Ninety One (00:11:24)
3. Headhunting in the age of lockdown and covid-19. Guest: Andrew Woodburn | Managing Director at Amrop WoodburnMann (00:20:05)
4. How prevalent is honey laundering in SA. Guest: Chris Oosthuizen | Founder at Honeybee Heroes (00:30:53)
5. Business Unusual : The cost of modern living. Guest: Colin Cullis | Product Owner at Primedia Broadcasting (00:38:47)
6. Consumer Ninja - mis selling of debt counselling. Guest: Wendy Knowler (00:51:43)
7. Shapeshifter : Bradley du Chenne, chief executive of Hippo.co.za. Guest: Bradley Du Chenne | CEO at Hippo.co.za (00:59:40)