Our jobless youth: what is to be done, South Africa? Shapeshifter, the owner of Fado Art Johan van Zyl
Manage episode 295142764 series 1375801
Former statistician General of South Africa Dr Pali Lehohla speaks on youth unemployment and how it can be mitigated. CEO at Rocky Park Farming Group, Sinelizwi Fakade discusses how they are helping small scale farmers reach commercial statuses. Johann van Zyl, owner of Fado Art, a local plant supplier, is our shapeshifter this week. He speaks about how they were able to grow their business after it started operating in a rented garage in Bronkhorstspruit, to now supplying their succulents at Checkers supermarket stores.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. Our jobless youth: what is to be done, South Africa? Guest: Dr Pali Lehohla (00:00:00)
2. Market Commentary. Guest: Richard de Villiers | Global Wealth Manager at UBS Financial Services (00:14:39)
3. SA entrepreneurs' potential to relieve unemployment . Guest: Allon Raiz | CEO at Raizcorp (00:22:00)
4. Young farmers trying to reach commercial statuses. Guest: Sinelizwi Fakade | CEO at Rocky Park Farming Group (00:31:27)
5. Business Unusual : Young people and the future of work. Guest: Zanele Njapha | Unlearning Expert & Innovation Facilitator at TomorrowToday (00:38:54)
6. Consumer Corner - Covid-19 Myths: Will getting the Covid-19 vaccine render your life insurance policy as “null and void” ? Guest:Wendy Knowler | Correspondent at Consumer Talk | (00:53:07)
7. Shapeshifter: Johan van Zyl the owner of Fado Art - how Fado Art started their business from a rented garage in Bronkhorstspruit. Guest: Johann van Zyl (01:00:45)