The mining industry is requesting the government to remove the red tape, which is delaying their renewable energy projects, worth R60 billion
Manage episode 307829114 series 1375801
Henk Langenhoven, chief economist at the Minerals Council of South Africa discusses the mining industry’s interest to get more renewable energy in order to lessen their reliance on the struggling power utility Eskom, and their struggle with government’s red tape hindering their efforts. John Cairns, global markets strategist at Rand Merchant Bank on the weak rand. In investment school, Nerina Visser strategist and advisor at ETF SA speaks on understanding asset classes for your portfolio.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. Rand at 12-month low, nears R16/$ (00:00:00)
2. The mining industry (00:12:05)
3. Market Commentary (00:17:00)
4. Brait to raise R3billion through rights offer (00:21:30)
5. The fiscal crisis SA faced in the last two yea (00:35:55)
6. Heroes and Zeros, with Andy Rice (00:40:25)
7. Africa Business Focus (00:49:05)
8. Investment School - understanding asset classe (00:59:25)