Manage episode 241582194 series 1274182
In this episode, Certified Bates Method Teacher, Nathan Oxenfeld teaches you a strategy to reduce stress, anxiety, and worry, and increase relaxation, clarity, and focus. This breathing technique, often called "Box Breathing" involves inhaling for 4 seconds, holding for 4 seconds, exhaling for 4 seconds, holding for 4 seconds, and repeating. With practice, the number of seconds can be gradually increased to 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. It is recommended to do this breathing practice while sitting down or lying down in a safe and comfortable place. As a yoga teacher, Nathan utilizes breathing practices and yogic pranayamas on a regular basis to manage stress - even when it is good stress. This is a fast and simple way to switch from the sympathetic "fight, flight, freeze" nervous system to the parasympathetic "rest, digest, relax" nervous system.
AWESOME STUFF COMING UP:
- Vision 2020: From Eyesight To Insight Documentary - https://www.gofundme.com/2020movie
- International Light Association Conference in Pula, Croatia - https://www.international-light-association.org/
- International Holistic Vision Conference in Frankfurt, Germany - https://ikgs2019.de/en/
- Eyesight & Insight Immersion Retreat in Asheville October 17th to 20th - https://integraleyesight.com/avlretreat/
- Personal Vision Retreats at Integral Eyesight Improvement Center in Asheville - coming soon!
- Better Eyesight Podcast – https://bettereyesightpodcast.com/
- Support The Naked Eye Podcast – https://pod.fan/tnep
- Computer Eyes Program - coming soon!
- Next 6 Month Vision Improvement Program November to April 2020 - https://integraleyesight.com/6month/
- Association of Vision Educators Conference near NYC in Fall 2020 – public day / livestream
- Teacher Training in 2020 or 2021 - stay tuned!
Thanks to Audionautix for the music in this episode.