Manage episode 299487479 series 2807062
This was a fun interview! After speaking with Amber, I understand why she's in the position that she's in, as a school resource officer.
She speaks about how much she enjoys working with kids, and you can hear that in her voice, as she describes her interactions with the children in the school.
She even go a little emotional as I mentioned a photo of her and a little boy from the school. You have to hear the story of why the mentioning of this little boy, is so emotional for her.
FACTS ABOUT OFFICER AMBER
- 6 Years in Law Enforcement
- Lives in Georgia
- School Resource Officer
- Big into Crafting
- Self described "Reptile Wrangler"
FOLLOW OFFICER AMBER
01:44 Lead Off Question: “Why Law Enforcement?” It was at age 16, that Amber realized that law enforcement was what she wanted to. She talks about how being around so many already in the profession, really influenced her decision.
07:55 Dig Deeper: This is the part of the podcast were I dig into the guest's social media and I craft questions around 3-5 of those posts. Below are the post and questions I spoke with Amber about.
POST: - Talk about bio:
- How long have you guys been married?
- How did you meet?
- What’s the most romantic thing he’s done for you?
- Reptile Wrangler
- What’s that all about?
POST - Pic of you reading to kids in classroom:
“Doin what I do.”
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
- What would you be doing if you were not in LE?
- What does life look like after police work?
POST - Pic of you and and a young boy while you’re working:
“Miss Deputy Amber...Can I take a picture with you?” LOVE these sweet kiddos! They always find a way to make me smile.
- Outside of the kids. When you’re having one of those days, what puts a smile on your face?
- What advice would you give someone, who may be going through something and they’re not able to smile at this moment?
- What was 15 year old Amber like?
POST - Carousel of videos of you at the gym:
“Just as I promised myself, I made it to the gym today. Doesn’t count unless you check in, right!?”
- What’s been the biggest transformation you’ve made in life up to this point?
GET $100 RESTAURANT VOUCHER:
Complete my 5 question survey on law enforcement and stress and I'll send you a $100 restaurant voucher. You can use at over 55,000 restaurants across the USA. CLICK HERE
32:08 Random Seven – These are the seven random questions that I put to Jared. These questions are random and electronically created.
- What is something you don’t mind sharing with other people?
- Name one thing you’re afraid to try?
- Who was the best boss you ever had and what made them the best?
- If you could vacation for a week in any historical time period, when and where would it be?
- WYR people never take you seriously or always be afraid of you?
- What kind of business would you like to start if you were given the chance?
- What sound do you think you would miss most if you could no longer hear?
37:04 This or That – This is my version of a speed round.
- Volunteer time or donate money
- Dry cleaners or washing machine
- Camouflage or tribal print
- Zipper or velcro
- Grass or sand
- Vans or converse
- High five or handshake
- Slurp or smack
- Black Cat or broken mirror
- Champagne or wine