The Present Beyond Measure Show: Data Storytelling, Presentation & Visualization for Data Practitioners
The Year in Data: 8 Stunning Data Visualizations that Defined 2020 with Alli Torban
Manage episode 280698102 series 83204
This episode is a very special new holiday tradition called “The Year In Data”. I partnered with a fellow data viz renegade and beloved host of the Data Viz Today Podcast!
Alli Torban is an Information Design Consultant in Washington, D.C.and a leading voice in the field of data visualization on her podcast Data Viz Today, which has been downloaded over 100,000 times.
Her work has been featured in the likes of Washingtonian Magazine and Nathan Yau’s Flowing Data, and she’s been published three times in the Data Visualization Society Journal.
And in this episode, Alli and I engage in a “data viz death match” to see which were the most compelling, inspiring, and moving data visualizations of the extraordinary year that was 2020!
In This Episode, We Review…
- How to Flatten the Curve by Harry Stevens
- How the Virus Got Out by The New York Times
- Warming Stripes by Ed Hawkins
- Temperature Anomalies by Country by Antti Lipponen
- Duration of Protests that Create Change by Mona Chalabi
- The Most Sobering Thing about the Racial Dot Map by Libby Anne
- Electoral College Decision Tree by ObservableHQ
- The Winding Path to Victory by FiveThirtyEight
People, Blogs, and Resources Mentioned
- Alli Torban’s Website
- My interview with Alberto Cairo on how charts are misleading
- My free 30-second online assessment to find out and overcome the #1 silent killer of your data presentation success
How to Connect with Alli: