The Remarkable Podcast with Dave Mooring: The Marketing Podcast for Podcasters Who Aren't Marketers
Jerod Morris on Building an Audience with Digital Marketing, Email, and Online Courses
Manage episode 210756932 series 2368118
In this week s episode, I get to have a conversation with another podcaster I met in person at the Podcast Movement conference in 2015, Jerod Morris.
He s full of great information on podcasting and has spent nearly a decade working in online media strategy, production, and marketing.
Jerod has been a featured speaker at conferences across the country on leadership, content strategy, and podcasting.
He is the host or co-host for a total of five different podcasts and he currently serves as the VP of Marketing for Rainmaker.FM.
In this episode, Jerod and I discuss:
- How to use digital marketing to build your audience
- How you can use networking to generate more traffic
- How to move people from your podcast to your email list
- Which type of podcast is the hardest to launch
- One big reason you shouldn’t start a podcast if you haven’t already
- How building an online course helps build your fan base
- How to get your course members to stay
- Why it s important to keep a schedule
- When to pivot or drop a podcast that’s not working
Listen to my interview with Jerod Morris below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
The following list of the links, podcasts, and resources mentioned in this episode of Remarkable.
- Midwest Sports Fans
- Rainmaker Digital (affiliate)
- Lewis Howes
- Robert Bruce
- Sonia Simone
- Chris Garrett
- Hack the Entrepreneur with Jon Nastor
- Essential Elements of a Remarkable Podcast
- Podcast On the Brink
- Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
- This American Life with Ira Glass
- Mystery Show with Starlee Kine
- TED Radio Hour
- Fresh Air with Terry Gross
- Fantasy Footballers Podcast with Andy Holloway, Jason Moore, and Mike Wright
- Stand Out and Get Noticed with Christina Canters
- WTF with Marc Maron
- Hit Publish with Amy Harrison
Read or download the full transcript of this episode with Jerod Morris: Building an Audience with Digital Marketing, Email, and Online Courses
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How d you enjoy the show?
I d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who ll enjoy it, please share it – I ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you re there, don t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!
The post Jerod Morris on Building an Audience with Digital Marketing, Email, and Online Courses appeared first on SuperSimpl.