Manage episode 299640293 series 164106
Many of us spend so much time being busy but not accomplishing the things that are most important. Others set goals and spend too much time putting fires out to focus on making the correct progress. I'm so excited to introduce you to Jim Huling. He's the FranklinCovey consultant responsible for the 4 Disciplines Methodology, a simple system for getting the most important things done.
Jim is a speaker, coach, and author. With over 37 years of corporate leadership, he's a global managing consultant for FranklinCovey. He leads large-scale engagements for companies like Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, Kroger, and more. Jim is the author of The 4 Disciplines of Execution and is extremely excited about releasing the new second edition, The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Revised and Updated: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals.
We have such a great conversation. We talk about whirlwinds and wildly important goals or WIGs. Jim shares what the four disciplines are and how they are used to make an impact that matters. We all know that execution is a huge challenge for entrepreneurs. Jim shares how to focus on what's wildly important, how to act on lead measures, the importance of keeping a compelling scoreboard, and having a cadence of accountability. This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to accomplish the things that matter the most.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Jim Huling thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Join 18,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive
The Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here!
Guest Contact –
- Jim Huling
- My Perfect Day Playbook
- Franklin Covey
- Jim Huling LinkedIn
- Jim Huling Twitter
- Jim Huling Facebook
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Revised and Updated: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- The Power of Small Wins
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complimentary resources to help you-
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.