Manage episode 300181612 series 164106
Most of us are thrilled to have repeat customers, but how do we turn those repeat customers into loyal customers? Loyal customers that not only like our product or service but will go the extra mile to do business specifically with us. These are loyal customers. Many loyalty programs are designed to get customers to come back, but creating genuinely loyal customers is on a whole new level. Customer service and experience expert Shep Hyken is here to discuss why customers become loyal and how to give them the experience they deserve.
Shep Hyken is the author of I'll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again, a book about turning customers into repeat customers and turning those repeat customers into loyal customers. Shep is the Chief Amazement Officer of Shepard Presentations. He is a hall of fame speaker and a bestselling author. He’s passionate about giving customers the best possible service and interaction at every point of contact.
We cover many of the concepts and ideas in his new book. Shep goes into the difference between confidence and arrogance and how creating confidence is all about the customer. Confidence leads to trust, and trust leads to loyalty. We discuss the importance of emotional commitments and creating amazement. This episode is the perfect reminder of the importance of keeping the customer in mind and creating that consistent, predictable experience that earns trust and loyalty.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
Shep Hyken thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Join 18,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive
The Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here!
Guest Contact –
- Shep Hyken
- I'll Be Back: How to Get Customers to Come Back Again & Again
- Amaze Every Customer Every Time: 52 Tools for Delivering the Most Amazing Customer Service on the Planet
- Shep Hyken Twitter
- Shep Hyken LinkedIn
- Shep Hyken YouTube
- Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, and Outnegotiate Your Competition
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complimentary resources to help you-
- The Self-Employed Business Institute- You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.