Manage episode 301779708 series 164106
Different articles and statistics floating around say it costs 5% to 25% more to get a new customer than to retain an existing customer. Creating customers for life is a brilliant business practice. John Jantsch is here to share how we can create customers for life. His new book The Ultimate Marketing Engine is all about a framework that guides customers to where they are to where they need to be. It's about viewing customers as members and transforming the way we view marketing and customers.
John Jantsch is a marketing consultant, speaker, and author of Duct Tape Marketing, The Referral Engine, and his new book The Ultimate Marketing Engine. He started marketing consulting in the 1990s and developed a systematic approach that eventually became Duct Tape Marketing. He is super excited about his new book because it's a culmination of working and collaborating with thousands of businesses to create his new five-step marketing framework.
We talk about real-world marketing advice from someone who's done it. Some topics include the importance of having a small business system, coming from a position of strength, the funnel hourglass, being intentional about creating behaviors, and more marketing gold. This episode is an excellent look into the marketing mind of a true professional. John even shares a bit of his backstory, from how school wasn't for him to how he discovered that starting his own gig was right for him.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode.
Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com
John Jantsch thank you so much for being here!
Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself.
Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world.
Join 18,000 subscribers looking to do "business with a soul" and sign up to receive
The Self-Employed Nutshell Newsletter! Sign up here!
Guest Contact –
- Duct Tape Marketing
- The Ultimate Marketing Engine
- The Ultimate Marketing Engine: 5 Steps to Ridiculously Consistent Growth
- Duct Tape Marketing Podcast
- Books by John Jantsch
- John Jantsch Twitter
- John Jantsch LinkedIn
Contact Jeffrey –
- Coaching support
- My book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible is now available!
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
Valuable complimentary resources to help you-
- The Self-Employed Business Institute- You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.