Manage episode 296238203 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/annelamott417
Anne Lamott (IG: @annelamott) is a New York Times bestselling author, a past recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship and an inductee to the California Hall of Fame.
Her latest book is Dusk, Night, Dawn: On Revival and Courage.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Anne found her voice writing about her father’s brain cancer
- Finding healing, salvation and hope with a couple of best friends
- Anne was 8 years old when she stumbled into the tennis circuit
- Make writing a habit
- Anne recalls her terrible experience in Toronto at customs
- Just keep showing up
- Writing isn’t about the money, it’s about the sacred tradition
- The two books Anne recommends
- Achieve creative freedom through discipline
- How do we come through really difficult times?
- Don’t give up, start where you are
- Take the action and insight will follow
- The concept of religion... let it be enough
- Staying sober one day at a time
- Writing became cleaner and clearer through sobriety
- Being a Nana means to practice letting go
- Write what you want to come upon
- The 12-step program of recovery to helps addicts
- Learning how to date... and finding love on online
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.