Manage episode 293849689 series 1402157
Paul de Jersey wants you to lie on what looks like a bed of nails. If you think this is unusual, so did he when he first experienced a spikey acupuncture mat, but it works. It worked so well that he eventually began selling his own spike mats on Shopify, and even appeared on Dragon's Den to pitch the idea.
Born and raised in Vancouver, Paul de Jersey is a former Division 1 hockey player turned entrepreneur. This is the story of his journey founding Aku, a line of premium self-care products with over $1m in sales. It wasn't easy though– Paul shares his struggles and successes with us in this episode.
- Free 30-day trial of Zipify OCU - (To get an unadvertised gift, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the "Tech Nasty Bonus".
- Try Bold Product Upsell, free trial
- Save 20% on Turbo, a blazing fast Shopify theme - Use code KURT20 at checkout
- Improve your shop’s search engine ranking with Venntov SEO Meta Manager
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?