Manage episode 272656873 series 1402157
Stephanie Morimoto is the owner and CEO of Asutra, a natural beauty company so good that customer Venus Williams approached them to get involved.
Asutra offers over 50 organic, natural products – from natural solutions to help with pain relief and sleep to skincare to bath & body – for people who invest in self-care.
Asutra is woman-owned and women-led; 77% of their team are people of color; and 100% of their staff would recommend Asutra as a great place to work.
- How a "luck sail" led to the purchase of Asutra
- Why she shifted from Amazon to DTC on Shopify
- The double edged sword of selling in national retail chains
- The unexpected way Venus Williams got involved
- How a social mission impacted their hiring process
Stephanie is an enthusiastic board member of Equality Illinois, which advocates for LGBTQ rights; and Naturally Chicago, which creates an ecosystem for natural products companies to thrive. In her spare time, she’s an avid urban gardener who grows everything from tomatoes to lilacs.
- Pointer Creative
- Product Recommendations: Spray Pain Away Magnesium Oil, Chill Pain Away CBD Magnesium, Menthol Pain Cream, Melt Pain Away Body Butter
- Purpose Workforce
- Web Savvy
- Get powerful marketing automation with Klaviyo's revenue-driving email platform
- Try Bold Product Upsell, free trial
- Save 20% on Turbo, a blazing fast Shopify theme - Use code KURT20 at checkout
- Improve your shop’s search engine ranking with Venntov SEO Meta Manager
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?