Manage episode 289860875 series 1402157
In this episode, we break down influencer marketing for ecommerce with a Shopify merchant that used influencer marketing to launch their weighted blanket in 2017 with influencers including Kourtney Kardashian.
Guest Corey Turner is candidly breaks down:
- The positives & negatives of influencer marketing for a DTC brand
- How to spot fake influencers
- What metrics to look for when picking an influencer.
- Breaking down the metrics of a couple well known influencers
Corey Turner lives in Massachusetts with his wife and two kids (Henry, 3 and Avery 1). After graduating Northeastern University in 2009, he joined a startup with friends dropshipping mattresses. In 2013, they sold to MattressFirm. From 2013 to about 2016, they ran MattressFirm's ecommerce division. Late 2017, BlanQuil was launched just in time for the peak hype in weighted blankets.
- Free 30-day trial of Zipify OCU - (To get an unadvertised gift, email email@example.com and ask for the "Tech Nasty Bonus".
- Try Bold Product Upsell, free trial
- Save 20% on Turbo, a blazing fast Shopify theme - Use code KURT20 at checkout
- Improve your shop’s search engine ranking with Venntov SEO Meta Manager
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?