Manage episode 276231416 series 1402157
Marnie Consky is the Founder, CEO, and Chief Anti-Chafing Champion of Thigh Society (US), a niche undergarment brand offering moisture-wicking, breathable, and discreet boxer brief underwear for women. Thigh Society prevents inner thigh chafing while providing modesty coverage and is on a body-positive mission to normalize this common skin issue while helping women love their thighs at any size.
- How she bootstrapped a million dollar business starting with just $8K CAD as a risk-averse solopreneur
- Why starting with retail wholesale helped her get started online
- Why you should start with one product (and how to better forecast inventory)
Marnie grew Thigh Society to a six-figure business while working a demanding full-time job before deciding to focus exclusively on building the business in late 2016, and has grown it to 7 figures since. Before becoming a full-time entrepreneur, Marnie worked for organizations in Toronto, Canada including Accenture, the Ontario Ministry of Government Services, and the Rotman School of Management (MBA school) in a variety of strategic talent management roles.
- Thigh Society (US) - Use code UNOFFICIAL at checkout to save 15% on your order
- Thigh Society (CA)
- Draft - Marnie's conversion rate optimization consultant
- [Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh](https://www.amazon.com/Delivering-Happiness-Profits-Passion-Purpose/dp/0446576220/ref=sr_1_1?
- Maker's Row - For anyone looking for resources to start an apparel business
- Toronto Fashion Incubator E-Lists & Guidebooks
- The Entrepreneur's Guide to Sewn Product Manufacturing
- 2PMl - Marnie's favorite free weekly newsletter
- Company of One by Paul Jarvis - Marnie's book recommendation
- Get powerful marketing automation with Klaviyo's revenue-driving email platform
- Try Bold Product Upsell, free trial
- Save 20% on Turbo, a blazing fast Shopify theme - Use code KURT20 at checkout
- Improve your shop’s search engine ranking with Venntov SEO Meta Manager
Never miss an episode
Help the show
- Ask a question in The Unofficial Shopify Podcast Facebook Group
- Leave a review
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
What's Kurt up to?