Manage episode 296296561 series 1419622
Have you ever found yourself watching a movie, and thinking to yourself that a particular character is wearing a watch that just doesn’t make any sense? Conversely, are there watches that feel perfectly cast in your favorite movies? Of course you have – it’s the cross that all us as watch fanatics must bear. Today on the podcast, we’re diving deep into watch casting, choosing the watches that we think make the most sense in some particularly iconic films, and choosing new watches for characters in movies you’ve suggested. Hear us weigh in on watches that would make sense on the wrists of Forrest Gump, the Stand by Me kids, Arnold Schwarzenegger (in multiple movies) and more. This is a fun one for movie and watch fans alike, and definitely a topic we’ll be returning to in the future, so be sure to let us know if you have characters and movies you’d like us to cast or recast from a watch nerd perspective.
To stay on top of all new episodes, you can subscribe to The Worn & Wound Podcast — now available on all major platforms including iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, and more. You can also find our RSS feed here.
And if you like what you hear, then don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If there’s a question you want us to answer you can hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll put your question in the queue.
- Zach W’s wrist check: Omega Speedmaster Reduced Triple Calendar
- Zach K’s wrist check: Tudor Pelagos LHD
- Blake’s wrist check: Prometheus Ocean Diver
- The Complete History Of The Robert Redford Submariner
- The “Speed G-Shock” Worn By Keanu Reeves
- Al Pacino’s ‘Heat’ Character Was a Coke Fiend
- Seiko A826 watch worn by Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd)
- Watches on the Screen: The Brosnan Era Bond
- Gary Busey on Predator 2
- Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’ Keeps Time With A Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Perpetual
- Michael Scott’s “Quality Seyko Timepiece”