Manage episode 288311429 series 2355239
#BoulderStrong Brooklyn-based designer, artist, and creative director, Jason Naylor, rapped with me about his mission to inspire hope, how to write bite-sized wisdom for an attention-starved world, and why "love is the answer to everything."
“Be yourself, be brave, be proud of who you are, be kind, be loving, be happy, and be colorful.” – Jason Naylor
As a designer, Jason has won two CLIO bronze medals and a Golden Novum Design Award. But it's his "live life colorfully" credo and independent artwork that have found him fame.
Jason's popularity has grown during the pandemic through his inspiring and intensely colorful murals. Jason has worked around the world to brighten communities through his public art installations.
His first book is Live Life Colorfully: 99 Ideas to Add Joy, Positivity, and Creativity to Your Life, a "...quirky, illustrated mix of inspiring words, tips and tricks, and challenges from [the] award-winning artist."
You may recognize his distinctive style from his collaborations with brands including Coach, Guess, Pepsi, Maybelline, MAC Cosmetics, and more.
Stay calm and write on …
Note: Watch this space – I’m cooking up some extras for fans of the show in the coming weeks you won’t want to miss including the option to have episodes, extras, and added insights delivered straight to your inbox, and maybe even some Writer Files merch on the way.
This week's sponsor is Neuro. Use the code WRITER at checkout for a 15% discount.If you’re a fan of The Writer Files, please click subscribe to automatically see new interviews. In this file Jason Naylor and I discussed:
- How to create an instantly recognizable (and inspiring) brand
- Why a splash of color and surprise is what we all need right now
- His vivid tribute to the essential workers of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Why repetition is key to creativity
- And more!
- Live Life Colorfully: 99 Ideas to Add Joy, Positivity, and Creativity to Your Life by Jason Naylor (Amazon)
- The Dream Room - "Fifty Hotel & Suites collaborated with world-renowned artist Jason Naylor..."
- Jason Naylor on Instagram
- Kelton Reid on Twitter