Manage episode 290924962 series 2087832
We would do anything for our kids, right? Including sobriety!
My guest today on episode 160, is Kim Bellas, Founder of Sober Is The New Cool.
Since Kim decided to get sober in 2013, she has helped people all over the world through their own recovery journeys. When her 15 year-old son started having seizures and could not drink with his friends, Kim wanted to prove to her son and herself that alcohol was not necessary to have fun. Once Kim stopped drinking for the 3 months she originally planned, she decided that she would keep going, and after 6 months she felt happier than she had been in a while. Now, Kim has been sober for 8 years and has made it her mission to prove to others that sobriety is cool, and anyone can take the opportunity to improve their mental and physical well-being.
- How Kim originally quit drinking to help her son
- Kim noticing how good she felt after she stopped drinking
- How there is always a “reason” to drink
- The challenges of not drinking socially
- The shame people carry with them when getting sober
- How to describe yourself positively
- How Kim got hypnotized to help her quit drinking
- Kim’s morning routine and how she stays active
Please read the full show notes here: https://www.lorimassicot.com/episode-160-kim-bellas