Manage episode 289851505 series 2087832
Sobriety is a scary word!
On episode 158, I talk about my own journey and the process it took for me to come to terms with my sobriety.
If someone told me when I was young that alcohol would mess up my life, I wouldn’t have believed them.
For a huge part of my life I drank excessively and at one point I felt like life and wine needed to go together.
After years of wondering whether or not I had a problem, I had to listen to my own thoughts and feelings instead of anyone else’s, and I made the difficult choice to quit drinking.
You are never alone if you feel like sobriety is something you never planned for your life.Topics Discussed
- The word "sobriety" can be scary
- How I am always working on old behaviors I notice
- Ways I work on acceptance within myself
- How I once believed in the stigma surrounding sobriety and alcoholism
- Feeling like an outcast after quitting drinking
- How I had to pay attention to my thoughts and feelings in order to see my situation
- Objections people have to quitting drinking
- How you don't need to ask for other people's opinions to make a change
- You define self-care and what makes you feel good
- Focusing on self-care and acceptance vs. sobriety
I appreciate you listening to this episode, if you like the podcast, please take a couple of minutes to leave a rating and review here:
To join the To 50 and Beyond inner circle, click here:
To learn more about coaching and join Elevate, click here:
To learn more about Private Coaching, click here: