Manage episode 297389958 series 9452
Mark Herschberg, author of The Career Toolkit: Essential Skills for Success That No One Taught You and recent guest on the Transform Your Workplace podcast, has a lot to say about the skills necessary for a successful and dynamic career. In today’s episode, Mark provides practical career-building tips to business leaders and rising talent alike. Give this episode a listen if you’re ready to hone your goal-setting (and attaining) skills for the future of your career.
- Knowledge and experience are important, but hiring managers should also look for, define, and zero in on other critical attributes, such as communication, negotiation, and team-building, in a candidate.
- A career plan typically begins by asking yourself what you want in a job and what you want in life. It’s about thinking ahead, not having perfect answers.
- Your career plan isn’t etched in stone; expect to make improvements as you implement it.
- Assess your progress in your career plan at least once a year.
- Any time a new job or role change is on the table, take a moment to assess whether this new opportunity will help you towards the goals laid out in your career plan.
GUEST AT A GLANCE
Mark Herschberg is an author, thought leader, and expert in career building, speaker, and professor at MIT. An MIT and Harvard Business School grad, Mark has vast experience in the tech world and facilitating career success.
A QUICK GLIMPSE INTO OUR PODCAST
🔊 Podcast: Transform Your Workplace, Sponsored by Xenium HR
🎙️ Host: Brandon Laws
📋 In his own words: “The Transform Your Workplace podcast is your go-to source for the latest workplace trends, big ideas, and time-tested methods straight from the mouths of industry experts and respected thought-leaders.”
Learn more about Xenium HR at xeniumhr.com