LIVE Q&A SERIES // Spirited kids acting out, kids disrespecting, avoiding bedtime, hitting themselves, scratching
Manage episode 284144175 series 2760262
Welcome back to our LIVE Q&A SERIES on the podcast through the rest of the year, using the audio from our weekly Instagram LIVE videos. A few of the topics we cover this episode:
- How to get a 6 yo to value his own opinion more
- Spirited 5 yo acts out + won’t stop behaviors
- 8 yo blows up when opposed, won’t self-reg, runs away
- Our interview on The Purpose Show w/ Allie Casazza about parenting strong-willed kids using powers beyond control
- Jealous, strong-willed toddler resisting bedtime
- Disrespectful kids not asking nicely for things
- Kid saying "get away!!!"
- Highly sensitive 4 yo hitting self in head, not listening to parent
- Calm down corners
- Kid hitting head on walls when he's stressed
- RESIST Approach "wins" from listeners
- Kid scratching parent's arms playfully but it hurts
- Our Freedoms Model
- Our RESIST Approach
- Our Shop - GUIDES + PRINTS!
- Our Resources Page
- Our Coaching page
- Amber Okamura, Upbringing’s Artist
- Mary Schroeder, Upbringing’s Letterer
- Alex Olavarria, our producer, musician, editor + husband/brother in law
Contact us! We want to hear your thoughts. We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Upbringing on Instagram: @upbringing.co
Join us to explore topics such as: parenting, motherhood, discipline, resistance, RIE parenting, feminist parenting, toddlers, tantrums, potty training, mindful parenting, conscious parenting, evidence-based parenting, positive parenting, respectful parenting, simplicity parenting and positive discipline.
Disclaimer: Hannah & Kelty are parenting coaches and do not work in a professional therapist’s or MD capacity to diagnose or treat mental health disorders. They cannot advise parents on issues such as drug addiction, eating disorders, self-harm, severe psychiatric disorders, child abuse, assault, etc.