LIVE Q&A // Spirited Kids, too rough w/ baby sibs, breaking consent, resisting medical procedures, when husbands/partners don't handle kids' feelings well
Manage episode 296743389 series 2760262
- Kids’ personality types - worth analysis through the enneagram or Gretchen Rubin’s 4 tendencies?
- 4yo too rough with little sib, constantly picking up
- Teaching kids “consent”, modeling consent + boundary-setting, circling back when consent is broken
- Inhibiting kids’ physical impulses like hitting, touching things they shouldn’t, etc
- Kid resisting medical necessary procedures
- How kids’ bodies/nervous systems store trauma and how to help purge and process it
- Why conventional discipline is physically, mentally and emotionally unhealthy for kids
- How kids (and adults!) learn best - connection vs correction
- 6yo and husband have physical conflict - how to support their relationship?
- How parents can work on their triggers + beliefs
- Positive words/phrases for during conflict to de-escalate the situation - YES or OK
- 2.5 yo throwing sharp toys when dysregulated + parent removed them all, kid mad
- When kids attack us - what's a "natural consequence"?
- When to use the RESIST Approach
- Sibs fighting - parent creates space/safety but they won't stop!
- Our own self-reg and "forcefield" that helps us support our kids in conflict
- How to not pass co-dependency onto our kids?
- To incredible power of exploring + expressing NEEDS + BOUNDARIES
- Our Freedoms Model
- Our RESIST Approach
- Our Shop - GUIDES + PRINTS!
- Our Resources Page
- Our Coaching page
- Amber Okamura, Upbringing’s Artist
- Mary Schroeder, Upbringing’s Letterer
- Alex Olavarria, our producer, musician, editor + husband/brother in law
Contact us! We want to hear your thoughts. We care deeply about what you think and how you’re doin’, so get in touch -- we’re better together.
Email us: email@example.com
Follow Upbringing on Instagram: @upbringing.co
Join us to explore topics such as: parenting, motherhood, discipline, resistance, RIE parenting, feminist parenting, toddlers, tantrums, potty training, mindful parenting, conscious parenting, evidence-based parenting, positive parenting, respectful parenting, simplicity parenting and positive discipline.