Manage episode 298135264 series 1523830
Guest: Kayla Andrade – founder of Ontario Landlords Watch
This week’s podcast guest is Kayla Andrade. She has been a real estate investor since age 18. The turning point was when she was told that if her tenants didn’t pay for their water bills, the amount could then be added to her property tax bills.
It’s now been 10 years since this event and Kayla’s advocacy group has blossomed to multiple meetups and Facebook groups across the province. Bill 184 and the RTA have finally been reviewed and it has changed how landlords are treated and cases are processed in Ontario.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board is finally consulting with advocacy groups
- Bill 184’s impact
- How things have evolved in the past decade
- Digital technology as a benefit
- The LTB is now seeing the tsunami of issues for both landlords and tenants
- Rental stock is mostly owned by small landlords in Ontario
- How can we create more rental properties and alleviate the housing crunch
Get in touch with Kayla:
This episode has been brought to you in part by;
Dylan Suitor of Elevation Realty