Manage episode 306668484 series 2402577
In this special episode, Working People producer Jules Taylor (@realjulestaylor) speaks with working musician and farm laborer Michael Francis McCarthy. Jules and Michael have known each other for a few years, having met during an event in Woodstock, NY where Michael was performing. Michael paints a sobering picture of what earning a living by working as a singer/songwriter looks like.
Unlock the video for this episode here: Patreon
Additional links/info below…
- Blake Morgan, The Hill, "American middle-class musicians are worth fighting for"
- John W. Barry, The Poughkeepsie Journal, "Coronavirus: With arts and entertainment shuttered, can derailed industry recover?"
Permanent links below...
- Working People Patreon page
- Leave us a voicemail and we might play it on the show!
- Labor Radio / Podcast Network website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- In These Times website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- The Real News Network website, YouTube channel, podcast feeds, Facebook page, and Twitter page
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Jules Taylor, "Working People Theme Song"
- Michael Francis McCarthy, "Goodnight, Toll Collector"