Manage episode 300574084 series 2491766
John and Jared answer a listener’s question about the rivalry between China’s two most famous cities: Shanghai and Beijing. They discuss culture, history, and language, and even provide one additional view from a mystery correspondent!
The guest interview is with William White, a professional simultaneous interpreter in Chinese with decades of experience and stories.
Links from the episode:
- “What are the differences between Shanghai and Beijing?” (Quora.com)
- “Shanghai vs. Beijing” (Sinosplice.com)
- “Beijing vs. Shanghai” (Versus.com)
- Heaven is high and the emperor is far away (Wikipedia)
- ARC: Advanced Readings in Chinese (Substack)
- Yangshuo County (Wikipedia)
- The China in Africa Podcast
- Bio of interpreter William White
Thanks for listening to the podcast! Please write John and Jared a review on Apple Podcasts and they’ll give you a shout-out! They are also taking questions from listeners. If you have a question, reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow them on Facebook and catch their latest Chinese-learning memes on Instagram.